Menu 2 - Law & Benson Olde Country Store
LAW & BENSON OLDE COUNTY STORE ~  LITHOPOLIS OHIO
HOME
OUR STORY
CANDY & ANNIE B's™
PANTRY & SUNDRIES
GOODS & MERCANTILE
GIFTS & COLLECTIBLES
WILTON CAKE, COOKIE & CANDY
YANKEE CANDLE "SCENTER"
TERVIS TUMBLERS
SIMPLY CHRISTMAS PHOTOS


Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Grandpa John E. Law

John E. Law, Founder
c 1940

Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Grandma, Grandpa & Eileen

Laura, John & Eileen Law
c 1935


Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Eileen Benson Age 8
Eileen Law~age 8


Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Grandma & Grandpa Law
Grandma Laura &
Grandpa John Law

c 1940

 Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Jim Benson
Jim Benson 1995 
 

Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Ralph V. Law
Ralph V. Law
c 1920


Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Jim Benson Age 6
Jim Benson~age 6


Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Jim & Eileen Benson
Jim & Eileen Benson c 1975

                 From "Huckster Wagon" to nostalgic Country Store, Law & Benson holds its place
                      in the 21st Century serving its customers and clientele . . . yesterday, today and tomorrow.

OUR STORY

Law & Benson Olde Country Store is rooted in 90 years of rich family tradition and continues operating as a 3rd generation family owned and operated business.

Our lovely store is the place where the best of the past meets the convenience of the present and where the charm of yesteryear meets the needs of today.

Founder John E. Law built his general store next to his home after having served the surrounding community in his "Huckster Wagon." The store was originally known as the John E. Law & Son General Store. Grandpa formed the business with his son, Ralph V. Law.

Into the 1950's, with his wife, Laura E. (Cook) Law and daughter, Ruth "Eileen," the company continued to serve the bustling Village of Lithopolis. At that time, Grandpa's son-in-law, Gerald B. "Jim" Benson, joined the business.  It was shortly thereafter that the store name was changed to Law & Benson General Store.

As the village evolved, so did the old general store. In the mid-1980's, Lithopolis became a busy destination for antique lovers and enthusiasts.

New shops sprang up and visitors flocked to this little Village.  Once again, Law & Benson General Store was up to the challenge, changing our inventory to reflect the times without compromising our history and heritage.



Law & Benson Olde Country Store - Vintage Store Sign

Old Store Sign

Vintage Huckster Wagon - Vintage Dodge 1918
"Huckster Wagon"

Vintage Coca-Cola Sign
Original Metal
Coca-Cola  Sign

(partial view)
Y2K found us evolving again to better meet the needs of our loyal and new customers.  With updated merchandise, we catered to the diverse and unique tastes of our clientele, while continuing to offer much desired naturals like Watkins Products™ and Honey House Bee Bars™. Also found on the shelves are long lasting and economical items such as American-made Key™ denim.

Following her retirement as a high school French teacher, granddaughter, Kathlynn Benson Moling joined her mother, Eileen, in the family business.

Now known as Law & Benson Olde Country Store, we are proud to take Grandpa's
"Huckster Wagon" beginnings into the age of the world wide web!